Job Title: Marketing Specialist
Reports To: Marketing Manager
Abcam is a leading company in the market of life science reagents including primary antibodies, secondary antibodies, ELISA assays, agonists/antagonists, proteins/peptides, cellular and protein functional assays, and genetic research tools. The marketing specialist will be primarily responsible for marketing communication to efficiently deliver branding/product/campaign/strategic information to the market including customers and distributors. This position will also involve in product management, digital marketing and distributor management.
Essential Job Functions:
• Propose and implement marketing expenses.
• Select tradeshows/conferences and organize abcam’s presentation including design, onsite events, logistics and booth duties according to the focus and audience of the event.
• Organize special events like annual distributor meetings with agenda, travel/meal preparation, etc.
• Prepare and manage printings including product catalogues, application brochures, flyers, popup stands, etc.
• Design and manage advertisement and giveaways.
• Design together with product managers campaigns and facilitate the implementation and track.
• Organize customer seminars together with distributors and sales
• Take care of marketing inquiries from customers via email, phone and WeChat.
• Provide marketing support to distributors with printings, giveaways, popup stands, genuine product verification, etc.
• Communicate with head quarter colleagues and support their efforts on digital marketing, marketing analysis, global events/campaigns, etc.
• Support other internal functional groups including scientific support, customer service, sales, and logistics.
• Other marketing responsibilities such as newsletter, WeChat management, electronic training platform, etc.
• Solid academic trainings in protein biology, cell biology, biomedicine, or related fields.
• Hands-on experiences on antibody related applications, such as western blot, immunohistochemistry, cell imaging, flow cytometry, ELISA, ChIP, IP/CoIP, apoptosis/cell cycle quantification, etc.
• Strong capability for presentation and efficient transfer of information and knowledge to others.
• Good at generating design ideas and editing news articles.
• Good reading, writing and oral English
• Ability to learn new techniques and products quickly.
• Mature communication with customers and colleagues.
• Active and initiative work attitude for making progress relative independently.
• Willing to travel as needed.
• Prefer master degree in life sciences.
• Marketing working experience in life science is a plus